Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ribbon Roses and Dyed Trim





Photobucket

Bloom



Photobucket

Distressed Layout

An old photo out of my great aunt Ruth's album. I went to all the trouble to restore the black and white photo then crumpled it up and stained and sanded it.

I colored all of these elements except the feather. I found these numbers at a flea market and bought a ton then colored them with alcohol ink.

I cut this out with my Sizzix. I crumpled up foil tape, stuck it to chipboard, put it thru a deep texture embossing folder then cut it out with the bird cage die, colored it with alcohol ink, glued jewels and branch punches out. The bird is minus the foil tape and I colored him with peeled paint distress ink. Key is part of the set.

Sizzix dies cut the leaves with various paper, some are dyed and others are glimmer misted or shaded with distress inks.
Photobucket

Ribbon & Lace Rosettes









I have tubs of ribbon and lace and a little time on my hands to use it up. I'm making ribbon and lace rosetes for my heritage pages. These are Prima inspired with a touch of whatever I have on hand.

Photobucket

Harvest

My huckleberry berry bush in the back yard. I made the loggers keep clear of them and they still thrive 3 years later! The berries are a bit tart but I always wanted my own huckleberry bush. It grows out of a really old stump. There are actually 2 out there but this one is big.
 
 Just a bit pleased with myself. I designed that little clock in PS and printed a few on transparency sheets then cut them out with my sidekick. I have extra for those of you who care ;-) My mom made the flower center years ago. Most everything else is from the Sizzix. My favorite tool :-)


Photobucket