Saturday, March 19, 2011

RELAX and create!


I bought these wooden letters at Jo-Ann's, painted them with black acrylic paint and let dry. Using my old BoBunny from my "save for later" stash, I had just enough to trace out the letters by hand, then cut them to fit. YES glue worked to tack them down then sanded the edges with an industrial size sanding block. A power sander would have been a better use of time! The trims are hand dyed with Ranger inks and the butterfly stickers of a recent K&Co theme. The rosette I made using ribbon I bought from Michaels and used Fabri-Tac to glue it down with pearl strings.




The bird cage is a bit more complicated. I covered a piece of chipboard with foil tape, embossed it with the flourish deep embossing folder by Tim Holtz, then used black alcohol ink to color it. I put a second cage under the top to make it look like the back side. It was tricky because I had to trim the outside bars creatively so it looked natural. I took some moss from my back yard and glued it inside he cage where I then slipped a bird with a great big eye. The big eye is all thanks to Jan :-) In honor of her love of tear bears with the ever cute eyes. Yep, this is what we got for all of the tear bear hype. A bird with a big eye. I then used Fabri-Tac to glue on the cage (holding till dry) and jewels to cover the holes in the cage. The bird was made with the same technique but I used the lined emboss folder and used a red alcohol ink to accent the black.


The entire project cost me less than $20 using new and old supplies.

Photobucket